Hansen is from the University of Chicago, The National Opinion Research Center, and National Bureau of Economic Research. Jagannathan is from the Carlson School of Management and Visitor, Research Department, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Comments by Renee Adams, Edward Allen, Fischer Black, John Cochrane, John Heaton, Peter Knez, Erzo Luttmer, Marc Roston, S. Viswanathan, two referees, and the editor of the journal are gratefully acknowledged. Expert research assistance was provided by Marc Roston and Amir Yaron. Hansen received funding from the National Science Foundation in support of this research. Jagannathan acknowledges partial financial support from the National Science Foundation, grant SBR-9409824. The views expressed herein are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis or the Federal Reserve System.
Assessing Specification Errors in Stochastic Discount Factor Models
Article first published online: 18 APR 2012
1997 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 557–590, June 1997
How to Cite
HANSEN, L. P. and JAGANNATHAN, R. (1997), Assessing Specification Errors in Stochastic Discount Factor Models. The Journal of Finance, 52: 557–590. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1997.tb04813.x
- Issue published online: 18 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 18 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!