University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. We have received many helpful comments from an anonymous referee, Gil Beebower, Gene Finn, Vasant Kamath, René Stulz (the editor) and seminar participants at Indiana University, the 1994 Memphis State University Conference on The Competition for Order Flow, and the University of Illinois. Peng Tu provided outstanding research assistance. We thank the National Association of Securities Dealers for their support of this research; the National Center for Supercomputing Applications, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, for partial computing support; and SEI Corporation for supplying the data. We retain sole responsibility for the viewpoints expressed in this article.
Institutional Equity Trading Costs: NYSE Versus Nasdaq
Version of Record online: 18 APR 2012
© 1997 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 713–735, June 1997
How to Cite
CHAN, L. K. C. and LAKONISHOK, J. (1997), Institutional Equity Trading Costs: NYSE Versus Nasdaq. The Journal of Finance, 52: 713–735. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1997.tb04819.x
- Issue online: 18 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!