Mitchell is at CNN Partners; Pulvino is at Northwestern University; and Statford is at Harvard Business School. We thank Malcolm Baker, Joshua Coval, Harry DeAngelo, Diane Garnick, Peter Hecht, Ravi Jagannathan, Dirk Jenter, Owen Lamont, Mike Maloney, Vefa Tarhan, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at Columbia University, London Business School's Centre for Hedge Fund Research and Education, MIT, Michigan State University, 2002 NBER Corporate Finance Summer Institute, Northwestern University, Q Group, Society for Quantitative Analysts, Tulane University, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, and University of Virginia for helpful comments. We also thank Rocky Bryant, Yan Krasov, and Linda Rabel for excellent research assistance.
Price Pressure around Mergers
Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2005
© 2004 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 59, Issue 1, pages 31–63, February 2004
How to Cite
Mitchell, M., Pulvino, T. and Stafford, E. (2004), Price Pressure around Mergers. The Journal of Finance, 59: 31–63. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2004.00626.x
- Issue online: 27 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!