Hong is with the Department of Economics, Princeton University; Kubik is with the Department of Economics, Syracuse University; and Stein is with the Department of Economics, Harvard University, and NBER. We are grateful to the National Science Foundation for research support, and to Ed Glaeser, Rick Green, Michael Kremer, David Laibson, Jun Liu, Michael Morris, Mark Rubinstein, Lara Tiedens, Tuomo Vuolteenaho, Ezra Zuckerman, and the referee for their comments and suggestions. Thanks also to seminar participants at Berkeley, Chicago, Columbia, Illinois, Iowa, Ohio State, Rochester, and Stanford. Any remaining errors are our own.
Social Interaction and Stock-Market Participation
Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2005
© 2004 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 59, Issue 1, pages 137–163, February 2004
How to Cite
Hong, H., Kubik, J. D. and Stein, J. C. (2004), Social Interaction and Stock-Market Participation. The Journal of Finance, 59: 137–163. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2004.00629.x
- Issue online: 27 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!