Titman and Tompaidis are with the McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin. Tsyplakov is with the Moore School of Business, University of South Carolina. We thank seminar participants at New York University, the University of Arizona, the Fields Institute, Instituto Tecnologico Autónomo de Mexico, Duke University, Texas A&M, Southern Methodist University, University of Connecticut, Carnegie Mellon University, Harvard University, the University of Toronto, King's College, the New York Federal Reserve Bank, the 2000 AREUEA meeting, the 2000 FMA meeting in Seattle, the 10th Annual Derivatives Securities Conference, the 2000 EFMA meeting in Athens, the 2001 Real Estate Conference in Vail, the 2001 WFA conference in Tucson, the 2002 RERI conference, the 2002 Real Options conference, Viral Acharya, Andres Almazan, Robert Goldstein, Robert Parrino, Chester Spatt, Suresh Sundaresan, Nancy Wallace, Joe Williams, and an anonymous referee for helpful comments and discussion. We also thank David Fishman, Charter Research, and CB Richard Ellis for providing data, and the Real Estate Research Institute for financial support.
Market Imperfections, Investment Flexibility, and Default Spreads
Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2005
© 2004 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 59, Issue 1, pages 165–205, February 2004
How to Cite
Titman, S., Tompaidis, S. and Tsyplakov, S. (2004), Market Imperfections, Investment Flexibility, and Default Spreads. The Journal of Finance, 59: 165–205. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2004.00630.x
- Issue online: 27 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!