Mayhew is at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the University of Georgia and Mihov is at Texas Christian University. For their helpful comments, we would like to thank an anonymous referee; Chris Barry; Rick Green; Steve Mann; Anand Srinivasan; Andy Waisburd; and seminar participants at the University of Cincinnati, the 2000 Frank Batten Young Scholars Conference at the College of William and Mary, and the 2000 meetings of the Financial Management Association. We would like to thank Seoungpil Ahn and Eric Rincones for valuable research assistance. Mayhew thanks the Institute for Quantitative Research in Finance (the Q group) for financial support. Mihov thanks the Charles Tandy American Enterprise Center and the Luther King Capital Management Center for Financial Studies at TCU for financial support. The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission disclaims responsibility for any private publication or statement of any SEC employee or Commissioner. This study expresses the authors' views and does not necessarily reflect those of the Commission, the Commissioners, or other members of the staff.
How Do Exchanges Select Stocks for Option Listing?
Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2005
© 2004 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 59, Issue 1, pages 447–471, February 2004
How to Cite
Mayhew, S. and Mihov, V. (2004), How Do Exchanges Select Stocks for Option Listing?. The Journal of Finance, 59: 447–471. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2004.00638.x
- Issue online: 27 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!