Eberhart is from the Georgetown University, McDonough School of Business; Maxwell is from the University of Arizona, Eller College of Business; and Siddique is from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. We thank Rick Green and two anonymous referees for their comments. We also thank Ken Cavalluzzo, Jay Coughenour, Lisa Fairchild, Roberto Gutierrez, David Ikenberry, Prem Jain, Mike Cooper, Lee Pinkowitz, Guojun Wu, and seminar participants at the 2002 Financial Management Association Meetings, Georgetown, George Washington, the 2002 University of Maryland Finance Symposium (joint with the Financial Economics and Accounting Conference), and the Fall 2002 Washington Area Finance Association for their comments. We also thank Douglas Brunt and Marcelo Teixeira for their research assistance. Eberhart received support from a McDonough School of Business Summer Research Grant and from a Steers Faculty Research Fellowship. Eberhart and Maxwell received support from the Georgetown University Capital Markets Research Center. The views expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
An Examination of Long-Term Abnormal Stock Returns and Operating Performance Following R&D Increases
Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2004
© 2004 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 59, Issue 2, pages 623–650, April 2004
How to Cite
Eberhart, A. C., Maxwell, W. F. and Siddique, A. R. (2004), An Examination of Long-Term Abnormal Stock Returns and Operating Performance Following R&D Increases. The Journal of Finance, 59: 623–650. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2004.00644.x
- Issue online: 25 MAR 2004
- Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!