Grullon is from Rice University and Michaely is from Cornell University and IDC. We would like to thank David Ikenberry; George Kanatas; Rick Ruback; Cliff Stephens; Michael Weisbach; Bill Weld; and seminar participants at Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard Business School, Rice University, the SEC, University of Michigan, University of Missouri-Columbia, University of North Carolina, University of Pennsylvania, the University of Utah, and the 1999 AFA Meetings for many useful comments and suggestions. Special thanks to Rick Green (the editor) and to an anonymous referee for many valuable comments and suggestions. The authors gratefully acknowledge the contributions of I/B/E/S International, Inc. for providing earnings per share forecast data, available through the Institutional Brokers Estimate System. Any errors are our own.
The Information Content of Share Repurchase Programs
Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2004
© 2004 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 59, Issue 2, pages 651–680, April 2004
How to Cite
Grullon, G. and Michaely, R. (2004), The Information Content of Share Repurchase Programs. The Journal of Finance, 59: 651–680. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2004.00645.x
- Issue online: 25 MAR 2004
- Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!