Baker is from Harvard Business School and NBER; and Wurgler is from the NYU Stern School of Business. For helpful comments, we thank the editor, an anonymous referee, Viral Acharya, Raj Aggarwal, Katharine Baker, Alon Brav, Randy Cohen, Gene D'Avolio, Steve Figlewski, Xavier Gabaix, Paul Gompers, Florian Heider, Laurie Hodrick, Dirk Jenter, Kose John, Steve Kaplan, John Long, Asis Martinez-Jerez, Colin Mayer, Randall Morck, Holger Müeller, Sendhil Mullainathan, Eli Ofek, Lubos Pastor, Lasse Pedersen, Gordon Phillips, Raghu Rau, Jay Ritter, Rick Ruback, David Scharfstein, Hersh Shefrin, Andrei Shleifer, Erik Stafford, Jeremy Stein, Ryan Taliaferro, Jerold Warner, Ivo Welch, Luigi Zingales, and seminar participants at the AFA and EFA annual meetings, Harvard Business School, London Business School, LSE, MIT, the NBER, NYU, Oxford, University of Chicago, University of Michigan, University of Rochester, and Washington University. We also thank Yi Liu, John Long, and Simon Wheatley for data and Ryan Taliaferro for superb research assistance. Baker gratefully acknowledges financial support from the Division of Research of the Harvard Business School.
A Catering Theory of Dividends
Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2005
© 2004 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 59, Issue 3, pages 1125–1165, June 2004
How to Cite
Baker, M. and Wurgler, J. (2004), A Catering Theory of Dividends. The Journal of Finance, 59: 1125–1165. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2004.00658.x
- Issue online: 27 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!