Bennett S. LeBow College of Business, Drexel University. An earlier draft of this paper was circulated under the title “Competition and Coalition among Underwriters: The Entry Strategy of Commercial Banks in the Post-section 20 Era.” Part of the work was done when I was a doctoral student at Michigan State University. I am indebted to my dissertation committee, Assem Safieddine, Anil Shivdasani, Charles Hadlock, and Naveen Khanna, for their guidance and suggestions. I would like to thank Franklin Allen, Michael Cichello, Jay Coughenour, Lily Fang, Lawrence Goldberg, Michael Gombola, Paul Malatesta, Dalia Marciukaityte, Joseph Mason, Andrew Metrick, Samuel Szewczyk, Elizabeth Webb, and the seminar participants at Michigan State University, the University of Delaware, and the 2002 FMA Meetings for their useful comments. I am especially grateful to Rick Green (the editor) and an anonymous referee for detailed and insightful comments. Any errors or omissions are my own.
Competition and Coalition among Underwriters: The Decision to Join a Syndicate
Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2005
© 2004 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 59, Issue 5, pages 2421–2444, October 2004
How to Cite
SONG, W.-L. (2004), Competition and Coalition among Underwriters: The Decision to Join a Syndicate. The Journal of Finance, 59: 2421–2444. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2004.00704.x
- Issue online: 27 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!