Michael T. Cliff is from Virginia Tech, Pamplin College of Business. David J. Denis is from Purdue University, Krannert School of Management. The authors gratefully acknowledge the contribution of Thomson Financial for providing earnings per share forecast data, available through the Institutional Brokers Estimate System. These data have been provided as a part of a broad academic program to encourage earnings expectations research. We thank Raj Aggarwal, Mike Cooper, Diane Denis, Rob Hansen, Greg Kadlec, Laurie Krigman, Alexander Ljungqvist, Tim Loughran, Michelle Lowry, John McConnell, Raghu Rau, Jay Ritter, Per Stromberg, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at Concordia University, Michigan State University, the University of Pittsburgh, and the second Conference on Entrepreneurship, Venture Capital, and IPOs, for helpful comments. We also thank Laura Field and Jay Ritter for providing data, and Matt Barcaskey, Valeriy Sibilkov, and Mira Straska for research assistance.
Do Initial Public Offering Firms Purchase Analyst Coverage with Underpricing?
Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2005
© 2004 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 59, Issue 6, pages 2871–2901, December 2004
How to Cite
CLIFF, M. T. and DENIS, D. J. (2004), Do Initial Public Offering Firms Purchase Analyst Coverage with Underpricing?. The Journal of Finance, 59: 2871–2901. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2004.00719.x
- Issue online: 27 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 27 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!