Joshua D. Coval is at the Harvard Business School and Tyler Shumway is at University of Michigan Business School, respectively. This research is supported by the NTT fellowship of the Mitsui Life Center. We are grateful to Sugato Battacharyya, George Benston, Jonathan Berk, Hank Bessembinder, Jonathan Karpoff, Roni Michaely, Lubos Pastor, Matt Spiegel, Mark Taranto, Dick Thaler, Tuomo Vuolteenaho, Ivo Welch, George Wu, seminar participants at Berkeley, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cornell, Duke, Emory, HBS, Indiana, Michigan, North Carolina, Stanford, Wharton, Yale, the 2001 Meetings of the Western Finance Association in Tucson, the editor Rick Green, and an anonymous referee for helpful comments and suggestions. We also thank Steven J. Cho of the CFTC for helping us obtain the data used for this study.
Do Behavioral Biases Affect Prices?
Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2005
© 2005 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 1, pages 1–34, February 2005
How to Cite
COVAL, J. D. and SHUMWAY, T. (2005), Do Behavioral Biases Affect Prices?. The Journal of Finance, 60: 1–34. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00723.x
- Issue online: 20 JUL 2005
- Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!