We thank Jeff Abarbanell, Mark Lang, Darius Miller, Jake Thomas, Jerry Zimmerman, an anonymous referee, and workshop participants at University of Chicago, University of Colorado, Harvard Business School, University of Illinois (Chicago), University of Rochester, Stanford University, UCLA, and Yale University for helpful discussions, comments, and suggestions. We also appreciate the research assistance of Sara Eriksen and the financial support of Harvard Business School, Kenan-Flagler Business School, the William Ladany Faculty Research Fund, and the Institute of Professional Accounting of the GSB, University of Chicago.
Insider Trading Restrictions and Analysts' Incentives to Follow Firms
Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2005
© 2005 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 1, pages 35–66, February 2005
How to Cite
BUSHMAN, R. M., PIOTROSKI, J. D. and SMITH, A. J. (2005), Insider Trading Restrictions and Analysts' Incentives to Follow Firms. The Journal of Finance, 60: 35–66. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00724.x
- Issue online: 20 JUL 2005
- Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!