Both authors are from the Department of Finance, University of Illinois atUrbana-Champaign. Scott Weisbenner is with the NBER. We would like to extend our gratitude to an anonymous discount broker for providing the data on individual investors' positions, trades, and demographics. Special thanks to Terry Odean for his help in obtaining and understanding the data set. We thank Alok Kumar, Allen Poteshman, Mark Seasholes, and an anonymous referee for useful insights and helpful discussions. Both authors acknowledge the financial support from the College Research Board at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Finally, we thank seminar participants at the University of Illinois and the 2003 Western Finance Association Meetings for their comments and constructive suggestions.
Local Does as Local Is: Information Content of the Geography of Individual Investors' Common Stock Investments
Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2005
© 2005 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 1, pages 267–306, February 2005
How to Cite
IVKOVIĆ, Z. and WEISBENNER, S. (2005), Local Does as Local Is: Information Content of the Geography of Individual Investors' Common Stock Investments. The Journal of Finance, 60: 267–306. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00730.x
- Issue online: 20 JUL 2005
- Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!