Bitler is from the Public Policy Institute of California, the RAND Corporation, and IZA; Moskowitz is from University of Chicago and NBER; and Vissing-Jørgensen is from Northwestern University CEPR, and NBER. We are grateful to an anonymous referee, Bill Gentry, Rick Green, Steven Haider, John Heaton, Dirk Jenter, Arthur Kennickell, John Krainer, Nicole Maestas, Jay Ritter, Antoinette Schoar, Per Stromberg, John Wolken, Bilge Yilmaz, and seminar participants at Carnegie Mellon University, University of Wisconsin (Milwaukee and Madison), University of British Columbia, Ohio State University, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, the Department of Justice, the Center for Economic Studies at the Census, the Society of Economic Dynamics, the 2002 Western Finance Association meetings, the 2002 SOLE meetings, the University of Chicago Macro lunch, the NBER Entrepreneurship and Corporate Finance meetings, and the 2004 AEA session on entrepreneurship in San Diego for helpful comments and suggestions. We also thank Troy Andre for outstanding research assistance in numerically solving the model. Bitler thanks the National Institute for Child Health and Development, the National Institute on Aging, the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, and the RAND Corporation, for financial support. Moskowitz thanks the Center for Research in Security Prices and the James S. Kemper Faculty Research Fund at the University of Chicago for financial support. Vissing-Jørgensen thanks the National Science Foundation for support. Much of this work was completed while the first author was at the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve and the last author was at the Department of Economics, University of Chicago. The views expressed here are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the Federal Reserve.
Testing Agency Theory with Entrepreneur Effort and Wealth
Version of Record online: 2 MAR 2005
© 2005 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 2, pages 539–576, April 2005
How to Cite
BITLER, M. P., MOSKOWITZ, T. J. and VISSING-JØRGENSEN, A. (2005), Testing Agency Theory with Entrepreneur Effort and Wealth. The Journal of Finance, 60: 539–576. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00739.x
- Issue online: 2 MAR 2005
- Version of Record online: 2 MAR 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!