Christopher J. Malloy is from the London Business School. This paper is a revised version of my Ph.D. dissertation at the University of Chicago. I thank my advisors Gene Fama, Owen Lamont, Toby Moskowitz, Lubos Pastor, and Raghu Rajan, as well as Nick Barberis, Karl Diether, Gilles Hilary, Rick Green (the editor), Steve Kaplan, Richard Leftwich, Lior Menzly; an anonymous referee; and seminar participants at London Business School, Ohio State, University of Chicago, University of Virginia, Yale, and the AEA Annual Meeting for helpful comments and suggestions. I also gratefully acknowledge the contribution of Thomson Financial for providing earnings per share forecast data, available through I/B/E/S. These data have been provided as part of a broad academic program to encourage earnings expectations research. All remaining errors are my own.
The Geography of Equity Analysis
Version of Record online: 2 MAR 2005
© 2005 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 2, pages 719–755, April 2005
How to Cite
MALLOY, C. J. (2005), The Geography of Equity Analysis. The Journal of Finance, 60: 719–755. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00744.x
- Issue online: 2 MAR 2005
- Version of Record online: 2 MAR 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!