Butler is from the University of South Florida, and Grullon and Weston are from Rice University. We are grateful to Espen Eckbo, Jeff Fleming, Rick Green (the editor), George Kanatas, Lubos Pastor, Gordon Philips, David Robinson, Paul Schultz, and two anonymous referees for many helpful comments and suggestions. We thank seminar participants at Rice University, Texas A&M, the University of Minnesota, Washington University, St. Louis, and the University of South Florida for useful suggestions. We also thank Gretchen Fix, Ha Nguyen, Kalpana Sahajwani, and Monique Weston for excellent research assistance. Any remaining errors are our own.
Can Managers Forecast Aggregate Market Returns?
Version of Record online: 2 MAR 2005
© 2005 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 2, pages 963–986, April 2005
How to Cite
BUTLER, A. W., GRULLON, G. and WESTON, J. P. (2005), Can Managers Forecast Aggregate Market Returns?. The Journal of Finance, 60: 963–986. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00752.x
- Issue online: 2 MAR 2005
- Version of Record online: 2 MAR 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!