Serkan Arslanalp is from the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Peter Blair Henry is from the Graduate School of Business, Stanford University, and National Bureau of Economic Research. We thank Manuel Amador, Jeremy Bulow, Steve Buser, Sandy Darity, Darrell Duffie, Nick Hope, Diana Kirk, Willene Johnson, Paul Romer, Jim Van Horne, Jeff Zwiebel, and seminar participants at the AEA Pipeline Project, Columbia, Duke, Harvard, the IMF, Stanford, UCLA, UNC-Chapel Hill, the US Department of State, and the World Bank for helpful comments. Rania A. Eltom provided excellent research assistance. Henry gratefully acknowledges financial support from an NSF CAREER Award, the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR), the Stanford Center for International Development (SCID) and the GSB Center for Global Business and the Economy. The views expressed in this paper do not necessarily represent those of the IMF.
Is Debt Relief Efficient?
Version of Record online: 2 MAR 2005
© 2005 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 2, pages 1017–1051, April 2005
How to Cite
ARSLANALP, S. and HENRY, P. B. (2005), Is Debt Relief Efficient?. The Journal of Finance, 60: 1017–1051. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00754.x
- Issue online: 2 MAR 2005
- Version of Record online: 2 MAR 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!