Research support from the Center for Research in Security Prices and the James S. Kemper Faculty Research Fund at the Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, is gratefully acknowledged (Pástor). We thank Jonathan Berk, Jeff Busse, George Chacko, Aida Charoenrook, Mike Cooper, Roger Edelen, Gene Fama, Rick Green (editor), Owen Lamont, Rudi Schadt, Erik Sirri, Rob Stambaugh, Pietro Veronesi, Tuomo Vuolteenaho, Russ Wermers, Tong Yao, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at the 2003 AIM Investment Center Conference on Mutual Funds at the University of Texas at Austin, the 2003 Western Finance Association Meetings, the 2004 Wharton Mutual Fund Conference, the 2004 Chicago Quantitative Alliance Conference, Arizona State University, Berkeley Program in Finance, Dartmouth College, Emory University, Harvard University, Indiana University, Michigan State University, Morningstar, Northwestern University, Purdue University, Thomson Financial, University of Chicago, University of Oregon, University of Pennsylvania, and Vanderbilt University for helpful comments. Huong Trieu provided excellent research assistance.
Judging Fund Managers by the Company They Keep
Article first published online: 3 MAY 2005
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 3, pages 1057–1096, June 2005
How to Cite
COHEN, R. B., COVAL, J. D. and PÁSTOR, Ľ. (2005), Judging Fund Managers by the Company They Keep. The Journal of Finance, 60: 1057–1096. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00756.x
- Issue published online: 3 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 3 MAY 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!