The authors thank Thomas Sargent, Andrew Abel, Fernando Alvarez, Andrew Atkeson, John Cochrane, Timothey Cogley, Steven Grenadier, Robert Hall, Lars Peter Hansen, John Heaton, Narayana Kocherlakota, Dirk Krueger, Sydney Ludvigson, Monika Piazzesi, the editor, Robert Stambaugh, Laura Veldkamp, Pierre-Olivier Weill, Amir Yaron, and an anonymous referee. We also benefited from comments from seminar participants at Duke University, Stanford GSB, University of Iowa, Université de Montreal, New York University, University of Wisconsin, University of California at San Diego, London Business School, London School of Economics, University College London, University of North Carolina, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Yale University, University of Minnesota, University of Maryland, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Boston University, University of Pennsylvania, University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University GSIA, Northwestern University, University of Texas at Austin, Federal Reserve Board of Governors, University of Gent, UCLA, University of Chicago, Stanford University, the 2003 NBER Asset Pricing Meeting in Cambridge, the Society for Economic Dynamics Meeting in New York, and the North American Meeting of the Econometric Society in Los Angeles. For help with the data, we thank Kenneth French, Chris Lundblad, and Savina Rizova. Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh acknowledges financial support from the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy research and the Flanders Fund for Scientific Research.
Housing Collateral, Consumption Insurance, and Risk Premia: An Empirical Perspective
Article first published online: 3 MAY 2005
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 3, pages 1167–1219, June 2005
How to Cite
LUSTIG, H. N. and VAN NIEUWERBURGH, S. G. (2005), Housing Collateral, Consumption Insurance, and Risk Premia: An Empirical Perspective. The Journal of Finance, 60: 1167–1219. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00759.x
- Issue published online: 3 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 3 MAY 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!