I am indebted to my dissertation committee members, Doug Bernheim, Tim Bresnahan, and Roger Noll for their encouragement and support. I would also like to acknowledge helpful comments from Franklin Allen; Masa Aoki; Thomas Chemmanur; Serdar Dinc; Simon Gervais; Gary Gorton; Rick Green (the editor); Ken Judd; Alexander Ljungqvist; Ronald Masulis; Andrew Metrick; Manju Puri; John Shoven; Wei-ling Song; Julie Wulf; an anonymous referee; and the seminar and conference participants at the Center for Financial Studies at Frankfurt, Dartmouth, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Harvard Business School, the International Industrial Organization Conference, IMF, Kellogg, National Taiwan University, Peking University, Stanford, UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, the 2002 WFA Meeting, Wharton, and the World Bank. Special thanks also go to Hiroko Oura, Yue Zhang, and Andy Nimmer. Any errors are my own. Financial support from the Kapnick Foundation is gratefully acknowledged. Earlier drafts of the paper were circulated under the title “Do Bank–Firm Relationships Affect Bank Competition in the Corporate-Bond Underwriting Market?”
Do Bank Relationships Affect the Firm's Underwriter Choice in the Corporate-Bond Underwriting Market?
Article first published online: 3 MAY 2005
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 3, pages 1259–1292, June 2005
How to Cite
YASUDA, A. (2005), Do Bank Relationships Affect the Firm's Underwriter Choice in the Corporate-Bond Underwriting Market?. The Journal of Finance, 60: 1259–1292. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00761.x
- Issue published online: 3 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 3 MAY 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!