John H. Boyd is Kappel Chair in Business and Government, Finance Department, University of Minnesota. Gianni De Nicoló is Senior Economist in the Research Department of the International Monetary Fund. The views expressed in this paper are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the International Monetary Fund or of the Federal Reserve System.
The Theory of Bank Risk Taking and Competition Revisited
Version of Record online: 3 MAY 2005
© 2005 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 3, pages 1329–1343, June 2005
How to Cite
BOYD, J. H. and DE NICOLÓ, G. (2005), The Theory of Bank Risk Taking and Competition Revisited. The Journal of Finance, 60: 1329–1343. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00763.x
- Issue online: 3 MAY 2005
- Version of Record online: 3 MAY 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!