Chitru S. Fernando is at the Michael F. Price College of Business, University of Oklahoma. Vladimir A. Gatchev and Paul A. Spindt are at the A. B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University. We thank Tim Adam, Rajesh Aggarwal, Vladimir Atanasov, Suman Banerjee, Sugato Bhattacharyya, Tom Chemmanur, Francesca Cornelli, Louis Ederington, Gary Emery, Rick Green, Rob Hansen, Thomas Hellmann, Ravi Jagannathan, Steve Kaplan, Laurie Krigman, Srini Krishnamurthy, Scott Linn, Alexander Ljungqvist, Dennis Logue, Bill Megginson, Tom Noe, Nagpurnanand Prabhala, Jay Ritter, Arturo Rodriguez, Donghang Zhang, two anonymous referees, and seminar participants at the University of Michigan, Tulane University, Texas A&M University, Baruch College, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, University of New Orleans, Southern Methodist University, Vanderbilt University, the 2002 WFA meetings, the 2002 FMA meetings, the 2004 FIRS Conference on Banking, Insurance and Intermediation, the 2004 EVI Conference, and the 2005 AFA meetings for helpful comments and suggestions. We thank Thompson Financial for providing us with the I/B/E/S analyst data. We are responsible for any remaining errors.
Wanna Dance? How Firms and Underwriters Choose Each Other
Version of Record online: 16 SEP 2005
© 2005 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 5, pages 2437–2469, October 2005
How to Cite
FERNANDO, C. S., GATCHEV, V. A. and SPINDT, P. A. (2005), Wanna Dance? How Firms and Underwriters Choose Each Other. The Journal of Finance, 60: 2437–2469. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00804.x
- Issue online: 16 SEP 2005
- Version of Record online: 16 SEP 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!