Dow is at London Business School and Raposo is at ISCTE Business School, Lisbon. This study was supported by the EU-TMR Research Network Contract FMRX-CT960054. We thank the editor and the referee for very helpful comments and suggestions. We also thank Aya Chacar, Jan Mahrt-Smith, Julian Franks, Denis Gromb, and Michael Raith for discussions and written comments on an earlier draft. We are grateful for comments from seminar audiences at Oxford, Toulouse, Amsterdam, Pennsylvania, Chicago Graduate School of Business, Northwestern (Kellogg School), University College London, Pompeu Fabra, Yale School of Management, the European Finance Association 2001, the American Finance Association, and the Econometric Society Winter Meetings 2002.
CEO Compensation, Change, and Corporate Strategy
Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2005
© 2005 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 6, pages 2701–2727, December 2005
How to Cite
DOW, J. and RAPOSO, C. C. (2005), CEO Compensation, Change, and Corporate Strategy. The Journal of Finance, 60: 2701–2727. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00814.x
- Issue online: 10 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!