Drucker is from the Graduate School of Business, Columbia University. Puri is from the Fuqua School of Business, Duke University and NBER. Puri is grateful to the Sloan Foundation for partial funding of this research. This paper was circulated earlier under the title “Tying knots: Lending to win equity underwriting business.” We thank James Booth, Mark Flannery, Jean Helwege, Jianping Qi, Tim Loughran, Rob Stambaugh (the editor), Steven Ongena, Andy Winton, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at the Board of Governors, Washington D.C., the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, Indiana University, INSEAD, London Business School, Stanford Graduate School of Business, the 2003 Financial Management Association International and Annual Meetings, the 2003 Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Conference on Finance and Banking, the 2004 American Finance Association Meeting, the 2004 International Industrial Organization Conference, the 2004 Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Conference on Bank Structure & Competition, and the 2004 Financial Intermediation Research Society Conference on Banking, Insurance, and Intermediation.
On the Benefits of Concurrent Lending and Underwriting
Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2005
© 2005 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 6, pages 2763–2799, December 2005
How to Cite
DRUCKER, S. and PURI, M. (2005), On the Benefits of Concurrent Lending and Underwriting. The Journal of Finance, 60: 2763–2799. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00816.x
- Issue online: 10 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!