Hong is from Princeton University, Kubik is from Syracuse University, and Stein is from both Harvard University and the National Bureau of Economic Research. Thanks to the National Science Foundation for research support, and to Rebecca Brunson and Ravi Pillai for research assistance. We are also grateful for comments and suggestions from Julian Abdey, Malcolm Baker, Gene D'Avolio, Chip Fortson, Rick Green, Rafael LaPorta, Karl Lins, Burton Malkiel, Anna Scherbina, Andrei Shleifer, Jeff Wurgler, and the referee, as well as from seminar participants at Harvard Business School, Boston College, the University of Texas, New York University, Columbia, Northwestern, Maryland, the University of Southern California, Penn State, Syracuse, and the Western Finance Association meetings.
Thy Neighbor's Portfolio: Word-of-Mouth Effects in the Holdings and Trades of Money Managers
Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2005
© 2005 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 6, pages 2801–2824, December 2005
How to Cite
HONG, H., KUBIK, J. D. and STEIN, J. C. (2005), Thy Neighbor's Portfolio: Word-of-Mouth Effects in the Holdings and Trades of Money Managers. The Journal of Finance, 60: 2801–2824. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00817.x
- Issue online: 10 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!