Cooper and Rau are with the Krannert Graduate School of Management, Purdue University. Gulen is with the Pamplin College of Business, Virginia Tech. We would like to thank Sean Collins, Diane del Guercio, Dave Denis, Diane Denis, Joost Driessen, Ken French, Zoran Ivković, Ravi Jagannathan, Mike Lemmon, Tim Loughran, John McConnell, Wanda Wallace, Russ Wermers, Jeff Wurgler, and seminar participants at the College of William and Mary, the University of Arizona, the University of Utah, Virginia Tech, the Batten Conference at the College of William and Mary, the 2003 European Finance Association meetings, the University of Illinois Conference on Bear Markets, and the 2003 Western Finance Association meetings for helpful comments. We thank Don Autore and Jim Garrett for excellent research assistant work. Comments from the editor, Rick Green, and an anonymous referee are also gratefully acknowledged.
Changing Names with Style: Mutual Fund Name Changes and Their Effects on Fund Flows
Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2005
© 2005 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 6, pages 2825–2858, December 2005
How to Cite
COOPER, M. J., GULEN, H. and RAU, P. R. (2005), Changing Names with Style: Mutual Fund Name Changes and Their Effects on Fund Flows. The Journal of Finance, 60: 2825–2858. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00818.x
- Issue online: 10 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!