International Monetary Fund, Washington, D.C. The authors wish to thank the editor, an anonymous referee, Torbjörn Becker, Przemek Gajdeczka, Petra Geraats, Graciela Kaminsky, Anna Meyendorff, Hunter Monroe, Anthony Richards, and René Stulz for detailed comments on earlier drafts. Discussions with Philippe Bacchetta, Andrew Berg, Patrick Bolton, Nigel Chalk, Tito Cordella, Kristin Forbes, Douglas Gale, Simon Johnson, Leora Klapper, Philippe Martin, Paolo Mauro, Alessandro Prati, Roberto Rigobon, David Robinson, Nouriel Roubini, Antonio Spilimbergo, and seminar participants at the IMF, Vanderbilt University, the CEPR, the NBER, the Fourth Annual Conference on Financial Development in Emerging and Transition Economies, and the LAEBA Conference on Globalization also helped to improve the paper. In addition, the authors are grateful to Peter Allum and Amadou Sy for sharing data. Neşe Erbil and Chi Nguyen provided excellent research assistance. The views in the paper are the authors' own and do not necessarily represent those of the IMF or any other organization that they are or have been associated with.
Transparency and International Portfolio Holdings
Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2005
© 2005 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 60, Issue 6, pages 2987–3020, December 2005
How to Cite
GELOS, R. G. and WEI, S.-J. (2005), Transparency and International Portfolio Holdings. The Journal of Finance, 60: 2987–3020. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2005.00823.x
- Issue online: 10 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!