Dong is from the Schulich School of Business, York University. Hirshleifer and Teoh are from the Fisher College of Business, Ohio State University. Richardson is from Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. We thank two anonymous referees, Kent Daniel, Francois Derrien, Rick Green, Mark Grinblatt, Jack Hirshleifer, Shawn Humphrey, Danling Jiang, Steve Kaplan, Andrew Karolyi, Sonya Seongyeon Lim, John Lott, Vikram Nanda, Jay Ritter, David Robinson, Anna Scherbina, Andrei Shleifer, Christof Stahel, Robert Stambaugh, René Stulz, Sheridan Titman, Tuomo Vuolteenaho, Ralph Walkling, Ivo Welch, Karen Wruck, Jeffrey Wurgler, and participants at the 2003 Western Finance Association Meetings in Los Cabos, Mexico, the 2003 European Finance Association Meetings in Glasgow, Scotland, the 2003 National Bureau of Economic Research Behavioral Finance Program Meeting at the University of Chicago, the 2003 conference “Analyzing Conflict: Insights from the Natural and Social Sciences” at UCLA, and at seminars at Columbia University, Harvard Business School, Ohio State University, Tilburg University, and York University for very helpful comments and suggestions.
Does Investor Misvaluation Drive the Takeover Market?
Version of Record online: 9 MAR 2006
© 2006 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 61, Issue 2, pages 725–762, April 2006
How to Cite
DONG, M., HIRSHLEIFER, D., RICHARDSON, S. and TEOH, S. H. (2006), Does Investor Misvaluation Drive the Takeover Market?. The Journal of Finance, 61: 725–762. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2006.00853.x
- Issue online: 9 MAR 2006
- Version of Record online: 9 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!