Boot is from the University of Amsterdam and CEPR, Gopalan is from the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, and Thakor is from the Olin School of Business, Washington University in St. Louis. We thank Mike Burkart, Jerry Caprio, Giovanni Dell' Ariccia, Julian Franks, Patrick Honohan, Andrew Powell, Inessa Love, Luc Laeven, Asli Demirguc-Kunt, Matej Marinc, Jun Yang, Venky Panchapagesan, Ailsa Roell, Fenghua Song, and seminar participants at Washington University in St. Louis, the World Bank, Oxford University, the University of Amsterdam, the University of Michigan, Wissenschaftliche Hochschule fur Unternehmensfuhrung (WHU) (Koblenz), the January 2004 INSEAD Conference on “The Evolution of Corporate Governance and the Family Firm,” and the May 2004 Financial Intermediation Research Society conference in Capri (including our discussant, Utpal Bhattacharya) for helpful comments. We are particularly indebted to an anonymous referee for extremely useful comments.
The Entrepreneur's Choice between Private and Public Ownership
Version of Record online: 9 MAR 2006
© 2006 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 61, Issue 2, pages 803–836, April 2006
How to Cite
BOOT, A. W. A., GOPALAN, R. and THAKOR, A. V. (2006), The Entrepreneur's Choice between Private and Public Ownership. The Journal of Finance, 61: 803–836. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2006.00855.x
- Issue online: 9 MAR 2006
- Version of Record online: 9 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!