Das and Guo are at the University of Illinois at Chicago, and Zhang is at the University of Hong Kong. We thank Eli Amir, Gilbert Bassett, Oleg Bondarenko, Konan Chan, Hsiu-lang Chen, Tim Kruse, Chao-Shin Liu, Malcolm McClelland, Roni Michaely, Tom Nohel, Ram Ramakrishnan, Cathy Schrand, Abbie Smith, Lenny Soffer, Wei-Ling Song, Robert Stambaugh (Editor), Steve Todd, Beverly Walther, Nan Zhou, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at the City University of Hong Kong, Indiana University at Indianapolis, the London Business School, Nanyang Technological University, the Office of Economic Analysis at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Singapore Management University, Syracuse University, University of Illinois at Chicago, the 2003 Eastern Finance Association Meeting, the 2003 Midwest Finance Association Meeting, and the 2004 National Taiwan University International Conference on Finance for their helpful comments and suggestions. This paper received a “Best Paper Award” at the 2004 National Taiwan University International Conference on Finance. The authors gratefully acknowledge the contribution of Thomson Financial for providing forecast data through I/B/E/S. These data are provided as part of a broad academic program to encourage earnings expectations research. All errors remain ours.
Analysts' Selective Coverage and Subsequent Performance of Newly Public Firms
Version of Record online: 16 MAY 2006
© 2006 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 61, Issue 3, pages 1159–1185, June 2006
How to Cite
DAS, S., GUO, R.-J. and ZHANG, H. (2006), Analysts' Selective Coverage and Subsequent Performance of Newly Public Firms. The Journal of Finance, 61: 1159–1185. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2006.00869.x
- Issue online: 16 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 16 MAY 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!