Cornelli is at London Business School and the Cente for Economic Policy Research. Goldreich is at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto and the Center for Economic Policy Research. Ljungqvist is at the Stern School of Business, New York University and the Centre for Economic Policy Research. This work was completed while Goldreich was at London Business School. We thank Alex Stomper for generously providing some of the data. Thanks for helpful comments go to Pierluigi Balduzzi, Nick Barberis, Walid Busaba, Wayne Ferson, Laura Field, Francisco Gomes, Steve Kaplan, Vojislav Maksimovic, Paul Marsh, Harold Mulherin, N.R. Prabhala, Jay Ritter, Rob Stambaugh (the editor), Mike Weisbach, Lucy White, Kent Womack, two anonymous referees, and seminar participants at Arizona State University, Boston College, Brunel University, Columbia Business School, Cornell University, IESE, Indiana University, Michigan State University, the Norwegian School of Management in Oslo, the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration in Bergen, Oxford University, Tilburg University, Tulane University, the University of Amsterdam, the University of Exeter, the University of Maryland, the University of Minnesota, the University of Zurich, the NYSE/Stanford Conference on Entrepreneurial Finance and IPOs, the LSE-LBS Corporate Finance Workshop, the 2004 FIRS Conference on Banking, Insurance and Intermediation in Capri, the Spring 2004 NBER Corporate Finance Meeting, the 2004 EVI Conference at Dartmouth, and the 2005 AFA Meetings in Philadelphia. Dmitry Makarov provided excellent research assistance.
Investor Sentiment and Pre-IPO Markets
Version of Record online: 16 MAY 2006
© 2006 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 61, Issue 3, pages 1187–1216, June 2006
How to Cite
CORNELLI, F., GOLDREICH, D. and LJUNGQVIST, A. (2006), Investor Sentiment and Pre-IPO Markets. The Journal of Finance, 61: 1187–1216. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2006.00870.x
- Issue online: 16 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 16 MAY 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!