Atif Mian is from the Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. I am extremely grateful to the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) for providing the data used in this paper. My heartfelt thanks to Abid Qamar at SBP for clarifying many data related questions. The results in this paper do not necessarily represent the views of the SBP. I also thank Marriane Bertrand, Doug Diamond, Steve Kaplan, Asim Ijaz Khwaja, Raghu Rajan, Jose Liberti, Tobias Moskowitz, Sendhil Mullainathan, Paola Sapienza, Antoinette Schoar, Jeremy Stein, Philip Strahan, Per Stromberg, Luigi Zingales, and seminar participants at Chicago, Yale, Columbia, and NBER corporate finance meeting for helpful comments and suggestions. All errors are my own.
Distance Constraints: The Limits of Foreign Lending in Poor Economies
Version of Record online: 16 MAY 2006
© 2006 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 61, Issue 3, pages 1465–1505, June 2006
How to Cite
MIAN, A. (2006), Distance Constraints: The Limits of Foreign Lending in Poor Economies. The Journal of Finance, 61: 1465–1505. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2006.00878.x
- Issue online: 16 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 16 MAY 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!