Butler is from the University of Texas at Dallas. Grullon and Weston are from Rice University. We appreciate helpful discussions with Jeremy Stein. Thanks also to Espen Eckbo, Wayne Ferson, Rob Hansen, Scott Hein, Ravi Jagannathan, Robert McDonald, Chris Pantzalis, Paul Schultz, Mark Seasholes, Robert Stambaugh (the editor), Wanda Wallace, Ivo Welch, Jeff Wurgler, Luigi Zingales, two anonymous referees, an anonymous associate editor, and seminar participants at Rice University, Northwestern University, Cornell University, Boston College, Texas Christian University, Tulane University, Baylor University, Southern Methodist University, University of Texas at Austin, University of Texas at Dallas, the Batten Conference at William and Mary, and the Corporate Finance Program Meeting at NBER. Any remaining errors belong solely to the authors.
Can Managers Successfully Time the Maturity Structure of Their Debt Issues?
Version of Record online: 3 AUG 2006
© 2006 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 61, Issue 4, pages 1731–1758, August 2006
How to Cite
BUTLER, A. W., GRULLON, G. and WESTON, J. P. (2006), Can Managers Successfully Time the Maturity Structure of Their Debt Issues?. The Journal of Finance, 61: 1731–1758. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2006.00888.x
- Issue online: 3 AUG 2006
- Version of Record online: 3 AUG 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!