Rajgopal and Shevlin are from the University of Washington; Zamora is from Boston College. Rajgopal and Shevlin acknowledge support from the Accounting Development Fund at the University of Washington. Zamora acknowledges support from Boston College. We appreciate written comments from an anonymous referee, Luzi Hail, Frank Hodge, and Dawn Matsumoto, and verbal comments from James Jiambalvo, Eric Noreen, Jane Kennedy, and other workshop participants at the University of Washington. We thank Jennifer Francis, Allen Huang, and Amy Zang for graciously agreeing to share their CEO press citations data with us.
CEOs' Outside Employment Opportunities and the Lack of Relative Performance Evaluation in Compensation Contracts
Version of Record online: 3 AUG 2006
© 2006 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 61, Issue 4, pages 1813–1844, August 2006
How to Cite
RAJGOPAL, S., SHEVLIN, T. and ZAMORA, V. (2006), CEOs' Outside Employment Opportunities and the Lack of Relative Performance Evaluation in Compensation Contracts. The Journal of Finance, 61: 1813–1844. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2006.00890.x
- Issue online: 3 AUG 2006
- Version of Record online: 3 AUG 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!