Jana p. Fidrmuc is at the University of Warwick and Erasmus University Rotterdam, Marc Goergen is at University of Sheffield Management School and European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI), and Luc Renneboog is at Tilburg University, TILEC, and ECGI. We thank the participants at the Second Forum on Corporate Governance organized by Humboldt University and Stanford University in Berlin (2003), the 2003 Workshop on Corporate Governance at the University of Vienna, the 2002 European Finance Association annual meetings in Berlin, the 2003 EEA/ESEM annual meetings in Stockholm, the 2004 IFS Frankfurt Summer School, and the 2004 IPEG Conference on Managerial Remuneration at the University of Manchester for very helpful comments and suggestions. We are also grateful to the participants at seminars at HEC (Paris), CUNEF (Madrid), Tilburg University, and Erasmus University. We are particularly indebted to the editor Robert F. Stambaugh, Marco Becht, Arturo Bris, Robert Bushman, Johanna Federmütze, Uli Hege, Rez Kabir, Fred Palomino, Joachim Schwalbach, Henri Servaes, Myron Slovin, Marie Sushka, Greg Trojanowski, Chris Veld, Martin Walker, and an anonymous referee for suggestions that have helped to improve this paper.
Insider Trading, News Releases, and Ownership Concentration
Version of Record online: 11 JAN 2007
© 2006 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 61, Issue 6, pages 2931–2973, December 2006
How to Cite
FIDRMUC, J. P., GOERGEN, M. and RENNEBOOG, L. (2006), Insider Trading, News Releases, and Ownership Concentration. The Journal of Finance, 61: 2931–2973. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2006.01008.x
- Issue online: 11 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 11 JAN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!