Kosowski is from Imperial College (London), Timmermann and White are from the University of California, San Diego, and Wermers is from the University of Maryland at College Park. We thank an anonymous referee for many insightful comments. Also, we thank Wayne Ferson, Will Goetzmann, Rick Green, Andrew Metrick, and participants at the 2001 CEPR/JFI “Institutional Investors and Financial Markets: New Frontiers” symposium at INSEAD (especially Peter Bossaerts, the discussant), the 2001 European meeting of the Financial Management Association in Paris (especially Matt Morey, the discussant), the 2001 Western Finance Association annual meetings in Tucson, Arizona (especially David Hsieh, the discussant), the 2002 American Finance Association annual meetings in Atlanta, Georgia (especially Kent Daniel, the discussant), the Empirical Finance Conference at the London School of Economics (especially Greg Connor, the discussant), and workshop participants at the University of California (San Diego), Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Imperial College (London), and the University of Pennsylvania.
Can Mutual Fund “Stars” Really Pick Stocks? New Evidence from a Bootstrap Analysis
Version of Record online: 11 JAN 2007
© 2006 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 61, Issue 6, pages 2551–2595, December 2006
How to Cite
KOSOWSKI, R., TIMMERMANN, A., WERMERS, R. and WHITE, H. (2006), Can Mutual Fund “Stars” Really Pick Stocks? New Evidence from a Bootstrap Analysis. The Journal of Finance, 61: 2551–2595. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2006.01015.x
- Issue online: 11 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 11 JAN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!