Berk is at U.C. Berkeley and the National Bureau of Economic Research. Stanton is at U.C. Berkeley. This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0339834. The authors gratefully acknowledge helpful comments and suggestions from Greg Brown, Martin Cherkes, Josh Coval, Bruno Gerard, Rick Green, Steve Grenadier, David Musto, Matthew Richardson, Steve Ross, Jacob Sagi, Mark Seasholes, Laura Starks, Josef Zechner, and seminar participants at Arizona, California State University (Fullerton), Columbia, Emory, Houston, INSEAD, London Business School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Norwegian School of Economics, Norwegian School of Management, Simon Fraser, Texas A&M, UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, UNC, UT Austin, Wharton, the 2003 UBC Summer Finance Conference, the 2004 WFA meetings, and the 2004 University of Oregon conference on Delegated Portfolio Management. We are grateful for financial support from the Fisher Center for Real Estate and Urban Economics.
Managerial Ability, Compensation, and the Closed-End Fund Discount
Version of Record online: 20 MAR 2007
© 2007 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 62, Issue 2, pages 529–556, April 2007
How to Cite
BERK, J. B. and STANTON, R. (2007), Managerial Ability, Compensation, and the Closed-End Fund Discount. The Journal of Finance, 62: 529–556. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2007.01216.x
- Issue online: 20 MAR 2007
- Version of Record online: 20 MAR 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!