Emilia Bonaccorsi di Patti and Giorgio Gobbi are with Bank of Italy, Economic Research Department. We thank Allen Berger, Federico Bandi, Piero Cipollone, Giovanni Dell'Ariccia, Andrea Generale, Luigi Guiso, Han Hong, Anil Kashyap, Steven Ongena, Fabio Panetta, Richard Rosen, Greg Udell, participants at the Corporate Finance Brown Bag Lunch at the University of Chicago, the University of Modena, the 2003 Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Conference on Bank Structure and Competition, the 2003 ECB-CFS Research Network on “Capital Markets and Financial Integration in Europe” in Helsinki, an associate editor, and an anonymous referee for their comments. The opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of the Bank of Italy or its staff. Roberto Felici provided excellent research assistance with the data.
Winners or Losers? The Effects of Banking Consolidation on Corporate Borrowers
Version of Record online: 20 MAR 2007
© 2007 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 62, Issue 2, pages 669–695, April 2007
How to Cite
DI PATTI, E. B. and GOBBI, G. (2007), Winners or Losers? The Effects of Banking Consolidation on Corporate Borrowers. The Journal of Finance, 62: 669–695. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2007.01220.x
- Issue online: 20 MAR 2007
- Version of Record online: 20 MAR 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!