Bris is from IMD, Goetzmann is from Yale School of Management, and Zhu is from the University of California at Davis. We thank Gerard Goetz, Xi Luo, and Carolina Velosa for excellent research assistance, and Frank Fabozzi and Gustavo Rodríguez (NYSE) for considerable help in obtaining the data. We are grateful to seminar audiences at the University of Alberta, London Business School, Rutgers, Cornell's Johnson School, Emory University, University of Virginia-Darden, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the Tenth Annual Fortis/Georgia Tech International Finance Conference, the 2004 Advisory Board Conference at Boston College, the 14th Financial Economics and Accounting Conference at Indiana University, the College of William and Mary Frank Batten Young Scholar Conference, the 2003 EFA Meetings in Glasgow, the 2004 AFA Meetings in San Diego, and especially to Alex Butler, John Y. Campbell, Charles Jones, Frank de Jong, Owen Lamont, Christian Lundblad, Moshe Benhorin, Bernard Yeung, an anonymous referee, and Robert Stambaugh (the editor) for helpful comments and suggestions.
Efficiency and the Bear: Short Sales and Markets Around the World
Version of Record online: 8 MAY 2007
© 2007 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 62, Issue 3, pages 1029–1079, June 2007
How to Cite
BRIS, A., GOETZMANN, W. N. and ZHU, N. (2007), Efficiency and the Bear: Short Sales and Markets Around the World. The Journal of Finance, 62: 1029–1079. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2007.01230.x
- Issue online: 8 MAY 2007
- Version of Record online: 8 MAY 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!