Both authors are at the Department of Finance, Stern School of Business, New York University. The authors are grateful for comments from participants in seminars at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Helsinki School of Economics, Ohio State University, Stockholm School of Economics, Temple University, and the 2006 American Finance Association Meetings in Boston, as well as Viral Acharya, Sreedhar Bharath, Rudi Fahlenbrach, Bill Greene, Kevin Hallock, Kewei Hou, Ira Kay, Hamid Mehran, Kevin Murphy, Mitch Petersen, Rob Stambaugh (the Editor), Sami Torstila, and James Vickery. Detailed comments by an anonymous referee on earlier drafts are deeply appreciated. Seshadri Ayalur and Hae Jin Chung provided excellent research assistance.
Pay Me Later: Inside Debt and Its Role in Managerial Compensation
Version of Record online: 14 AUG 2007
© 2007 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 62, Issue 4, pages 1551–1588, August 2007
How to Cite
SUNDARAM, R. K. and YERMACK, D. L. (2007), Pay Me Later: Inside Debt and Its Role in Managerial Compensation. The Journal of Finance, 62: 1551–1588. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2007.01251.x
- Issue online: 14 AUG 2007
- Version of Record online: 14 AUG 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!