Jeffrey R. Brown and Scott Weisbenner are at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and NBER, and Nellie Liang is at the Federal Reserve Board. The views expressed in this paper are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the Federal Reserve Board. We thank Darrell Ashton, Vivek Choudhary, Yoon Sok Lee, and Lizy Mathai for excellent research assistance. We thank John Graham, Paul Harrison, Kevin Hassett, and seminar participants at the University of Illinois, the Federal Reserve Board, the American Enterprise Institute, and the 2006 American Finance Association Meetings for their comments and constructive suggestions.
Executive Financial Incentives and Payout Policy: Firm Responses to the 2003 Dividend Tax Cut
Version of Record online: 14 AUG 2007
© 2007 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 62, Issue 4, pages 1935–1965, August 2007
How to Cite
BROWN, J. R., LIANG, N. and WEISBENNER, S. (2007), Executive Financial Incentives and Payout Policy: Firm Responses to the 2003 Dividend Tax Cut. The Journal of Finance, 62: 1935–1965. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2007.01261.x
- Issue online: 14 AUG 2007
- Version of Record online: 14 AUG 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!