Christopher C. Géczy is at University of Pennsylvania. Bernadette A. Minton is at The Ohio State University. Catherine M. Schrand is at University of Pennsylvania. The authors thank Gordon Bodnar, Richard Marston, and Regina Risnychok and the Weiss Center for International Financial Research at the Wharton School for extensive administrative support and access to the survey data; Rudi Fahlenbrach, Andrew Metrick, and Geoff Tate for other data used in the paper; and Sam Byun, Myriam Chang, Wes Gray, Ari Hadida, Lisa Huong, Jiunjen Lim, Vicki Von Krause, Jarad Rosenberg, and Michelle Zhang for excellent research assistance. We thank an anonymous referee, Bill Ahearn, Ramji Balakrishnan, Robin Greenwood, Rob Stambaugh (the editor), and participants at the Western Finance Association meetings, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, University of North Carolina, University of Virginia (Darden), and University of Iowa for helpful comments and the Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics and the Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research for financial support. We gratefully acknowledge the Caesarea Center award.
Taking a View: Corporate Speculation, Governance, and Compensation
Version of Record online: 4 SEP 2007
© 2007 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 62, Issue 5, pages 2405–2443, October 2007
How to Cite
GÉCZY, C. C., MINTON, B. A. and SCHRAND, C. M. (2007), Taking a View: Corporate Speculation, Governance, and Compensation. The Journal of Finance, 62: 2405–2443. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2007.01279.x
- Issue online: 4 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 4 SEP 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!