Alexander David is at the Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary. I thank an anonymous referee, an associate editor, Rob Stambaugh (the Editor), Suleyman Basak, Brian Boyer (EFA Discussant), Michael Brennan, Benjamin Croitoru (FEA Discussant), Kent Daniel, Darrell Duffie, Bob Goldstein, John Heaton, Joe Ostroy, Anna Pavlova, Chris Telmer (AFA Discussant), Pietro Veronesi, Luis Viceira, Harold Zhang (FRB Conference Discussant), and especially Phil Dybvig, as well as seminar participants at Washington University in St. Louis, London Business School, Lancaster University, University of Calgary, University of South Carolina, University of Central Florida, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, Brigham Young University, the 2004 Annual Derivatives Securities Conference, Third World Congress of the Bachelier Finance Society, the 2004 European Finance Association, the 2004 Annual Conference on Financial Economics and Accounting, the 2005 Conference on Risk Premiums at the Federal Reserve Board, and the 2005 American Finance Association for helpful comments. I gratefully acknowledge a research grant from the SSHRC. Appendices C and D are available at: http://homepages.ucalgary.ca/~adavid.
Heterogeneous Beliefs, Speculation, and the Equity Premium
Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2008
© 2008 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 63, Issue 1, pages 41–83, February 2008
How to Cite
DAVID, A. (2008), Heterogeneous Beliefs, Speculation, and the Equity Premium. The Journal of Finance, 63: 41–83. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2008.01310.x
- Issue online: 10 JAN 2008
- Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!