Alan D. Morrison is from the University of Oxford Saïd Business School and the Center for Economic Policy Research. William J. Wilhelm is from the University of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce and the Center for Economic Policy Research. The authors are grateful to Raj Aggarwal, Ben Esty, Eric Hughson, Heski Bar-Isaac, Pete Kyle, Chris Leach, Alexander Ljungqvist, Colin Mayer, Ed Perkins, Carola Schenone and an anonymous referee for useful conversations and to seminar participants at the Cambridge Endowment for Research in Finance, the University of Western Ontario, the University of Colorado at Bolder, Tanaka Business School (Imperial College), the London School of Economics, the University of Southern Carolina, the University of Frankfurt and the American Finance Association meetings in Boston, 2006 for helpful comments. The authors thank Stuart Glass and Steven Wheeler at the NYSE archives for their considerable patience and for assistance with the use of exchange records. Brendan Abrahms, Thomas Knull, Mary Weiskopf, and David Wilhelm provided valuable research assistance.
The Demise of Investment Banking Partnerships: Theory and Evidence
Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2008
© 2008 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 63, Issue 1, pages 311–350, February 2008
How to Cite
MORRISON, A. D. and WILHELM, W. J. (2008), The Demise of Investment Banking Partnerships: Theory and Evidence. The Journal of Finance, 63: 311–350. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2008.01317.x
- Issue online: 10 JAN 2008
- Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!