Maksimovic is with University of Maryland and Phillips is with University of Maryland and NBER. This research was supported by National Science Foundation grant 0218045. We would like to thank Mike Lemmon, Harold Mulherin, Sheri Tice, Bernie Yeung, the referee, Center for Economic Studies staff, and seminar participants at the American Finance Association meetings, Duke-UNC corporate finance conference, Financial Economics and Accounting conference at USC, 2005 Frontiers in Finance Conference, George Washington, HKUST, Minnesota, NYU, Oxford, Pittsburgh, Rice, Tanaka School, Texas, UBC, UCLA, and Wharton. The research in this paper was conducted while the authors were Special Sworn Status researchers of the U.S. Census Bureau at the Center for Economic Studies. Research results and conclusions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Census Bureau. This paper has been screened to ensure that no confidential data are revealed.
The Industry Life Cycle, Acquisitions and Investment: Does Firm Organization Matter?
Version of Record online: 1 APR 2008
© 2008 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 63, Issue 2, pages 673–708, April 2008
How to Cite
MAKSIMOVIC, V. and PHILLIPS, G. (2008), The Industry Life Cycle, Acquisitions and Investment: Does Firm Organization Matter?. The Journal of Finance, 63: 673–708. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2008.01328.x
- Issue online: 1 APR 2008
- Version of Record online: 1 APR 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!