Pontiff is at Boston College's Carroll School of Management. Woodgate is at the University of Washington and Russell Investment Group. We thank an anonymous referee, Malcolm Baker, Larry Dann, Ozgur Demirtas, Espen Eckbo, Cliff Holderness, David Ikenberry, Robert Kieschnick, Wayne Mikkelson, Jon Reuter, Andy Siegel, Cliff Stephens, Jeff Wurgler, Patrick Zimmerman, and workshop participants at Baruch University, Boston University, the University of Georgia, the University of Oregon, the University of Texas—Dallas, the University of Washington, as well as the Boston College brown bag workshop for useful comments. We thank Ken French for providing both data and detailed comments. Artemiza Woodgate would like to gratefully acknowledge financial support from the School of Business and Administration at the University of Washington, as well as the Albert O. Foster Endowment for their fellowships.
Share Issuance and Cross-sectional Returns
Version of Record online: 1 APR 2008
© 2008 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 63, Issue 2, pages 921–945, April 2008
How to Cite
PONTIFF, J. and WOODGATE, A. (2008), Share Issuance and Cross-sectional Returns. The Journal of Finance, 63: 921–945. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2008.01335.x
- Issue online: 1 APR 2008
- Version of Record online: 1 APR 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!