The authors are at the Smeal College of Business at Penn State University. This paper has benefited from comments by an anonymous referee, an anonymous associate editor, Daniel Collins, Charles Enis, Paul Fisher, Dan Givoly, James McKeown, Robert Stambaugh (the editor), Hal White, and participants at the second Penn State Summer Research Conference. We thank Walid Al-Issa, Christine Cheng, and Sung Chung for their valuable assistance in collecting CEO ownership data from proxy statements.
Earnings Management and Firm Performance Following Open-Market Repurchases
Version of Record online: 1 APR 2008
© 2008 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 63, Issue 2, pages 947–986, April 2008
How to Cite
GONG, G., LOUIS, H. and SUN, A. X. (2008), Earnings Management and Firm Performance Following Open-Market Repurchases. The Journal of Finance, 63: 947–986. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2008.01336.x
- Issue online: 1 APR 2008
- Version of Record online: 1 APR 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!