Fung and Naik are at London Business School, Hsieh is at Duke University, and Ramadorai is at Said Business School at the University of Oxford, the Oxford-Man Institute for Quantitative Finance, and CEPR. We thank Omer Suleman and especially Aasmund Heen for excellent research assistance. We also thank an anonymous referee, Robert Stambaugh (the editor), John Campbell, Mila Getmansky, Harry Markowitz, Ludovic Phalippou, Tuomo Vuolteenaho, and seminar participants at the London School of Economics, University of Oxford, Stockholm Institute for Financial Research, Warwick University, the IXIS-NYU hedge fund conference, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, the 2006 Western Finance Association annual meetings, the 2006 INQUIRE-UK conference, the 2006 Northwestern Conference on Hedge Funds, and the 2007 American Finance Association annual meetings for comments. We gratefully acknowledge support from the BSI Gamma Foundation and from the BNP Paribas Hedge Fund Centre at the London Business School.
Hedge Funds: Performance, Risk, and Capital Formation
Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2008
© 2008 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 63, Issue 4, pages 1777–1803, August 2008
How to Cite
FUNG, W., HSIEH, D. A., NAIK, N. Y. and RAMADORAI, T. (2008), Hedge Funds: Performance, Risk, and Capital Formation. The Journal of Finance, 63: 1777–1803. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2008.01374.x
- Issue online: 19 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!