Goyal is at the Goizueta Business School, Emory University and Wahal is at the WP Carey School of Business, Arizona State University. We are indebted to Allison Howard and Nick Mencher at Invesco; David Baeckelandt, Maggie Griffin, and Robert Stein at Mercer Investment Consulting; Keith Arends at iisearches for assistance with data issues; and to the Goizueta Business School and the Q-Group for financial support. Jesse Ferlianto, Peter Left, Margaret Petri, Marko Svetina, and Fridge Vanzyp provided research assistance. We thank an anonymous referee, Roberto Barontini, George Benston, Mark Carhart, Chris Geczy, Charles Hadlock, Larry Harris, Narasimhan Jegadeesh, Kevin Johnson, Ananth Madhavan, and Ed Rice and the seminar participants at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, the University of Washington, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Arizona State University, University of California at Irvine, Barclays Global Investors, Boston College, Brown University, the European Finance Association Meetings in Moscow, the American Finance Association meetings in Boston, and the Mitsui Life Symposium at the University of Michigan for helpful comments and suggestions.
The Selection and Termination of Investment Management Firms by Plan Sponsors
Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2008
© 2008 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 63, Issue 4, pages 1805–1847, August 2008
How to Cite
GOYAL, A. and WAHAL, S. (2008), The Selection and Termination of Investment Management Firms by Plan Sponsors. The Journal of Finance, 63: 1805–1847. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.2008.01375.x
- Issue online: 19 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!